A Christmas Wrap


It's that lazy time of Christmas Day when everyone is fat and sleepy. I am no exception, curled up on the couch playing with my new present - a flash new IPad from Mr LP. Very spoilt!

I was aiming to post more recipes this festive season but my crazy business has been frantic. It's so lovely to stop for a while and take a breath!

I do, however, have a little something up my sleeve for anyone with leftover pudding to use up.


I gave these cute cherry brandy truffles to my lovely cafe customers as a sweet thank you for their support this year.




For anyone with New Year's catering coming up, they're a quick and delish treat to serve with coffee or liqueur after dinner.

Wishing you all a safe and happy Christmas,

Larissa x









Cherry Brandy Truffles
(Recipe based on Nigella's Christmas Pudding Puddini Bon Bons in her book, "Nigella's Christmas.")

200g dark chocolate, melted
2 1/2 cups crumbled cooked and cooled Christmas Pudding
1/4 cup brandy
1 tablespoon golden syrup
100g white chocolate, melted
100g or 1/2 cup dried sour cherries, snipped into small slivers
Silver balls to decorate

Mix the melted dark chocolate together with the pudding, brandy and golden syrup.
Roll the mix into small balls and place on a baking tray lined with non-stick paper.
Place in the fridge to firm up.
For topping, gently spoon a small amount of white chocolate over each truffle and top with a silver ball and two slices of cherry.
Store in fridge until ready to serve.
Truffles will keep in the fridge for up to two weeks.

Comments

Popular Posts